Corporate Governance in Germany –
A Practical Introduction for Translators
Thursday, 7 December 2017
with Deborah Fry M.A. (Cantab.), Dip. Trans
This seminar provides a practical introduction to corporate governance as practised in Germany, and to related translation and terminology issues. Attendees will gain an overview of basic conceptual issues, organizational structures, the statutory framework and key documents such as the German Corporate Governance Code. Current developments and future trends will be discussed and practical hints on dealing with specific text types given. This will be followed by an in-depth examination of core terms and translation pitfalls, plus exercises. A Q&A session and a discussion of resources will round off the seminar.
After the seminar, attendees will:
• Understand the basic principles behind corporate governance
• Have an overview of the corporate governance framework in Germany
• Be familiar with typical text types requiring translation and their requirements
• Be aware of key translation and terminology pitfalls and solutions
• Have tested their knowledge and practiced what they have learned
• Be given a list of reference resources and further reading
The seminar is aimed at German-to-English translators and is designed to serve as an introduction for translators unfamiliar with this material and as a technical refresher for more advanced translators. The workshop will be held in English.
Place: Design Offices, Gervinusstraße 15-17, 60322 Frankfurt am Main
Date: Thursday, 7 December 2017
Time: 9:30 bis 17:30 hrs.
Fee: EUR 320.00. The fee is exclusive of VAT. It includes coffee breaks, lunch and materials.
You can also register by fax to: (+43) 810 9554 460085